Move Out of the Way!
I really love the concept of staying in your lane. It works for wide variety of issues and areas of life. Oftentimes we worry so much about what everyone else is doing that we forget we have to drive our own car too! Knowing when you’re swerving, going too fast or changing lanes without a signal is an important part of learning to Connect with Yourself.
You’ll see people coming out of their lane when they start focusing on what everyone else is doing instead of focusing on what they’re doing. It’s the same thing that happens on the actual freeway. You get distracted and the next thing you know you’re careening into another car or your start to ride the safety bumps on the side of the road. If you just stayed in your lane everything would have been fine. But we somehow can’t help ourselves.
Its not your business to organize, regulate or inform other people. Or to be up in anyone’s business. Unless someone specifically solicits your opinion, chances are they don’t want to hear it. If you find yourself overly involved in the lives of others, it’s a clear sign that you need to start doing some serious internal work.
Then the question becomes: What kind of work do I need to do and how do I do it?
If you’re interested in forming a stronger Connection with Yourself, I’ve got some good examples of places you can check in. You can refer back to these anytime make sure you’re staying in your own lane:
- Are you more concerned with what everyone else is doing? Or are you focusing on what works for you and holding yourself accountable?
- When you are working on a big project or trying to complete a complicated task, are you focusing on one section at a time or are you going ponging all over the place?
- Are you pointing out what everyone else is doing wrong? Or are you making a consistent effort to be the best version of yourself each day?
- Are you helping other people to avoid taking care of tasks or errands that need your attention?
- Is your anxiety taking over and pushing you off course? Or are you using your tools to manage it as best you can while trying to stay on track?
- Are other peoples lives more interesting than yours? If so it’s time to get out there and start doing fun things and going on new adventures…
These are all areas we can swerve off course if we’re not careful. If you’d like help learning how to stay in your lane or working more on your Connection with Yourself reach out and let me know. I’d love to work with you!